Q: can cup hands over carburetor when its running and it will not stall

I think I have an issue with vacume, when I cover the carburetor with my hands as its running it wont stall , isn't that not normal

A: Hello and thank you for your question. Yes,...

Hello and thank you for your question. Yes, you are right but only if you have completely shut off the air intake at that point. Not sure that cupping your hands will do it but surely you can be the judge of how completely you have cut off the air. If cut off completely, obviously air from elsewhere is getting into the intake, otherwise the engine would stop. If you need help locating a vacuum leak, evaluating the engine, or performing a tune-up a technician from YourMechanic can help you out.