Q: Could a problem with the knock sensor keep my car from starting?

The engine light came on and the next day the car would not start at first it eventually started so I had the battery, alternator,and the starter checked and all were good they read the code and it said P0326 knock sensor 1 Circuit range could this be why my car didn't start?

Hi there. A problem with the knock sensor or knock sensor circuit can definitely make starting a vehicle more difficult. A knock sensor is used by engineers to help the engine’s computer sense possible internal engine failure before it becomes catastrophic. At the age and mileage of your vehicle, I would suspect either a failed sensor or a broken wire (small rodents love to chew on these wires for nesting material). I strongly suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to diagnose your illuminated Check Engine Light so that you can avoid any unnecessary part replacements.