Q: Could a problem with the knock sensor keep my car from starting?

asked by on November 09, 2016

The engine light came on and the next day the car would not start at first it eventually started so I had the battery, alternator,and the starter checked and all were good they read the code and it said P0326 knock sensor 1 Circuit range could this be why my car didn't start?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. A problem with the knock sensor or knock sensor circuit can definitely make starting a vehicle more difficult. A knock sensor is used by engineers to help the engine’s computer sense possible internal engine failure before it becomes catastrophic. At the age and mileage of your vehicle, I would suspect either a failed sensor or a broken wire (small rodents love to chew on these wires for nesting material). I strongly suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, perform an inspection to diagnose your illuminated Check Engine Light so that you can avoid any unnecessary part replacements.