Q: Car turns off but turns back on when pulling key out of ignition.

When I turn off car it turns off. Then when I pull the key out of the ignition the engine revs up and turns back on. If I put key back in and turn to accessory mode then off it turns off. Then when automatic lights come on when car is off check engine light also comes on. The check engine light goes off once car is started. Also my code reader does not pick up and codes when the check engine light is on.

This is an electrical problem and is caused by either a short circuit, a fault in the key sense feature (module) or, if equipped, could be caused by faults in the remote starter circuit which operates wirelessly. If you have an aftermarket remote starter system, that would be checked out first. To pinpoint the exact fault will require an electrical component/circuit diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will resolve this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.