Q: Heavy white smoke from exhaust(2001 Nissan Frontier supercharged)will not start after.

Heavy white smoke from exhaust while driving, then shut engine off and it will not start. Not even turnover. Battery great power. Just get clicking when I turn the key.

A: Hi there: Usually heavy white smoke is a s...

Hi there:

Usually heavy white smoke is a sign of serious internal engine damage such as worn out piston rings or worn cylinder head valve guides. It could also be an oil control valve that is damaged. Regardless, the white smoke is burning oil and should be inspected to determine what’s causing this issue before the engine completely breaks down. I’d recommend having a professional mechanic complete an engine is smoking inspection as soon as possible.