Q: Car cranks over but wont start. Looking for some answers maybe...

My 2002 4 cyl Pontiac Grand Am that wont start and it was cold when it stalled or parked overnight  It will crank over but wont start. It acts like it wants to start n doesnt make any abnormal engine sounds that Ive heard n the fuel pump seems to kick on just on time. But car is cold and 1st instant is the battery.  Its like -10 outside. I started car b4 i took kids to school this past wednesday n had no issues  went to work at 5pm wed night n worked my shift but figured b4 i left work at 230am thursday morning i will start it and warm it up lil bit longer bcuz at this point it got colder n even tho i live less than 5blocks away. Started like normal n drove like normal n no weird sounds etc. I proceeded home and on the way a business in town had its water pipes burst n it was all over n i drove through it little to fast n it was slushy n icey in spots. but went on home n nvr thought anything of it. 2 hrs later it does this n wont go.. More to the story and what happens nxt few days..

There are several possible causes for a vehicle to crank and not start. There could be a bad fuel pump, faulty plugs, bad timing belt/chain, faulty ignition, failed camshaft/crankshaft sensor, or any number of other possible causes. It would first be necessary to determine if there is sufficient fuel and/or spark. From there, you would then need to figure out what part of the affected system is causing the problem. There are some tests that will need to be performed to figure these out. If this is something you will need a hand to diagnose and/or repair, contact a certified mechanic, like those available at YourMechanic.com.