cant find the crankshft potion senor 2006 srx 3.6 cadilla...

Q: cant find the crankshft potion senor 2006 srx 3.6

asked by on November 25, 2017

I have a 2006 Cadillac srx 3.6 v6. the error code is crankshaft position sensor I have the part to change it out and cant find the part to replace old one. I have the car in the air and im finding sensors but not the correct crankshaft sensor that goes into the engine block. I have looked and googled this for weeks. I get a different answer everytime I speak with someone. I went to Cadillac and they gave me a diagram that shows near the bell housing of the transmittion and there is a sensor there and it looks like the one im trying to find bt its not going into the block. the sensors im finding are flat on the passenger side back of motor

The sensor is located on the right back side of the engine block about 4 inches from transmission inline with crankshaft of engine.