Q: A strange rumble when vehicle is in idle

asked by on November 30, 2016

For a few months now I have noticed a weird shaking or rumbling coming from my vehicle. It doesn't appear to affect my performance, and it only occurs when the car is in idle, such as when I come to a stop at a red light. It immediately goes away when I push gas and go about driving and doesn't reappear until I once again come to a stop and idle. For the most part, the shaking seems to come from the front of the car, but I'm not too sure.

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The shaking or rumbling suggests that you may have a bit of a rough idle problem. Depending on the severity of the rough idle, this may cause the car to shake or rumble substantially. A rough idle may be caused by many different things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor or a dirty or failing idle air control valve. Any of these possibilities relate to fuel delivery issues that will disrupt the normally balanced air/fuel mixture that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic cometo your location to diagnose your rough idle problem.