Q: RPM's drop quickly and engine dies - 1996 Nissan 300ZX

My car is having RPM problems. It starts fine and it also runs just fine, but when I go above around 50 MPH and then engage the clutch, the car quickly wants to drop RPM's. It will jump between 300-700 RPM's and then the engine dies as if no gas is applied. What is causing this and what can I do to solve this problem?

A: I'm trying my best to follow.. Normally...

I'm trying my best to follow.. Normally you will engage the clutch as you are shifting gears, as pressing the clutch is the same (essentially) as putting the stick into neutral. So if I am following this correctly, the car is not idleing correctly / it is not holding its RPMS well enough to not sputter out and die. This could be a lot of possible problems. Idleing issues tend to be evap system related or vacuum leaks. See if it is throwing any codes that wouldn't cause a CEL. If there are no codes and you are still constantly having idleing issues, you may be able to add a very small adjustment to a screw on the throttle body to increase the idle RPM.