Q: AC stopped blowing cold air

The AC in my vehicle stopped blowing cold air. It was working fine in the morning, but stopped working in the afternoon. It had no previous issues with blowing cold air. I can hear the sound of something trying to turn on when I flip to AC, but the air comes out hot and never turns cold. The air is blowing strong, though.

A: Hello! There are a few potential causes of ...

Hello! There are a few potential causes of your problem that I recommend inspecting. I would first check the freon levels of the system, to ensure that it has adequate pressure. If the pressure is low, I suggest having a technician inspect the system for leaks; I think this is unlikely, since the AC stopped working so suddenly. The most likely case is that there is an electrical issue, such as a blown fuse or open circuit, although I would also recommend checking the performance of the AC compressor. Please keep in mind that the Federal Government requires all AC work or repair to be done by an EPA-certified technician. YourMechanic can send an EPA-certified technician to the location of your Expedition to inspect your AC system, and recommend the best path to repair.