Q: Starting to hear a faint grinding noise from rear while car is in motion could it be the drum brakes ?

asked by on August 30, 2017

I am just starting to hear a kind of wurring noise in the rear wheel area while driving could it be the brake shoes or drums ?

Hi Kenney. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com tonight. Usually the type of noise you are describing is caused by wheel bearings that are wearing out. The rear brakes are hardly used on your Corolla, but it is possible that they might be due for service as well. It would be best to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine the exact source of this noise so the right repairs can be made.