Q: My car is reading '15% oil life' but the dip stick shows it's full.

I only put 4 3/4 quarts of oil in the car when I changed the oil filter myself. Could that be the problem?

A: Depending on which motor is in your 2009 Ho...

Depending on which motor is in your 2009 Honda Civic (1.8L = 3.9 Quarts) or (2.0L = 4.4 Quarts), the oil capacity may be slightly different. It is important to note, however, that the "oil life" indicator in your car’s dash does not indicate how much oil (in volume) is in your car’s engine at the time. It is an indicator that it is reset each time you have your oil changed and is based upon mileage driven since the last oil change. It simply takes the amount of mileage driven related to the total mileage recommended between oil changes and expresses this as a percentage of "oil life" left until your next oil change is needed.