Q: Why is my car a little jumpy when in reverse without any acceleration? Its not all the time either. Some days it reverses fine and

When i put my is300 into reverse after first starting it, it will be rough and a little jerky with little to no acceleration. All other gears seem to be fine. Next week i am getting my tranny fluid flushed and a tune up in hopes it will help with this but my overall question is could this be a sign that my transmission is 1 foot out the door? Also a little shakey when idling but i have not gotten a chance to clean my throttle body. Could these be related?

Hi Brandon. Thanks for contacting us today. The type of symptoms you are describing (with the reverse problems) are typically caused by obstruction of debris in the hydraulic lines of the transmission - so a flush and filter change is likely going to clear up your issue. However, if it does not, it’s likely an inner seal or gasket failure inside the transmission - or fuel system components that are dirty or worn out. I would recommend starting with the transmission flush to see if this resolves your problem, followed by cleaning the throttle body, fuel injectors, mass air flow sensor and EGR valve. If this does not resolve the problem, then a detailed inspection is a good idea.

3. Why is my car a little jumpy when in reverse without any acceleration? Its not all the time either. Some days it reverses fine and