Q: My truck is leaking oil and won't start. I tried jumping it before I found the oil leak under the truck.

My trucks leaking oil and won't start when I tried to jump it before I found the oil leak underneath the truck it would stay running with my foot on the gas but when I let off it died

Hello. It sounds like you have two different issues here. Most of the time the oil leak will not keep it from starting unless the oil is getting on a sensor such as the crankshaft sensor. I usually start with checking the computer for codes to see why the engine will not start. If no codes are present then I check and see if all of the sensors are reading and then if those are fine I check the fuel pressure. The oil leak would need to be visually inspected to see where it is coming from. This engine typically leaks from the valve covers and the front and rear seals in the engine.

If you want to have this oil leak and no start condition fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office or locate the leak and diagnose the no start.

3. My truck is leaking oil and won't start. I tried jumping it before I found the oil leak under the truck.