Q: Can I replace my headlight lens?

Hello, I have a 1999 Acura RL which has a smashed passenger side headlight. The bulb is fine but the glass lens has a huge hole in it. The headlight assemblies for this car are very expensive for some reason so I am wondering if I can just replace the lens. Also, are there any headlight housings from Honda that would fit my car? Thanks!

No, the assemblies are sealed units with vents. The lens is not available separately. Your low beam headlights are Xenon bulbs, also called HID. That might be the reason they are pricey. Your car is a rebadged version of the Honda Legend. That car was never produced or imported to the USA. You can try to find a used unit. Try Ebay, Amazon, Craigslist, and call some local junkyards. If you’d like a second opinion on this or need help with the installation, contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who can inspect your headlight firsthand and suggest what to do from there.

3. Can I replace my headlight lens?