Transmission shifter cables came off. 2005 automatic tran...

Q: Transmission shifter cables came off.

asked by on March 02, 2017

My car is stuck in reverse and it won't come on I didn't hear anything loud go on with the transmission YouTube tell me it might Be transmission shifter cables idk wat to do

Look around the transmission and look to see where the shifter cable is attached. Feel the shifter cable and see if it is indeed damaged or broken. If the cable is broken, then it will need to be replaced. If the cable is not broken, then the cable may have came loose on the shifter to the transmission or on the shifter in the cab. If you need further assistance with your transmission not shifting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.