Q: How do you adjust the outside mirrors?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do you adjust the outside mirrors?

Your car has two outside mirrors (side view mirrors). They need to be adjusted properly to ensure that you can see behind and to each side of your car. Your mirrors are electronically controlled from inside the car – you use the same lever for both.

Here’s how to adjust them:

1. Slide the selector switch to the mirror you want to adjust.

2. Use the lever to adjust the mirror to your preferences (it moves up, down, left and right).

3. Slide the selector switch to the opposite mirror.

4. Adjust the mirror with the adjuster switch.

Tip

When you’re done, make sure to set the selector switch to the middle, or you might bump the adjuster and throw your mirror off.