Q: Overheating - 1995 Honda Accord

The car runs for about 15 minutes and then I can start to see steam coming from the radiator. But the radiator fans never come on, neither does the temperature gauge inside the car go past half way up. The car won't start after it overheats until it cools down. I changed the thermostat and the radiator fan switch neither fixed the problem.

Hey there. This can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the [coolant fan switch] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/cooling-fan-relay-replacement helps to maintain the proper coolant temperature by turning on and off at specific temperature thresholds. When this switch is not working properly, this can cause the fans to come on intermittently, all the time or sometimes not at all. When this happens you will notice a temperature spike and drop occasionally as the fan comes on and off. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose the overheating issue and proceed with repairs.