Q: Air conditioner not working after a battery change

asked by on December 01, 2016

Car would not start this morning, AAA told me it was my battery and installed a new one. I did not witness it, so I am unsure if anything else may have been disconnected. Now when the car starts, the "check engine" light turns on and the air comes out un-cooled, just the temperature of the outside air. When put to hot, the air does heat. What could be wrong?

AC is not working Inspection $96.46 - $106.46 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing in. At first, disconnect the battery and verify that all of the wires in the starting system and charging system are clean, dry, and tight. Make sure the battery cables are corrosion free, and have a clean and tight ground connection. Once the battery and its immediate circuits are verified, double check that no A/C wiring was interfered with during the original installation process. Its possible something was pumped or snagged. It also sounds like the A/C system may have lost some pressure. If the refrigerant has been depressurized somehow, the climate control will not blow cold air. Double check your battery and make sure it is perfect, before you turn to the A/C system.