Q: Rough Starts & Idle

asked by on February 01, 2017

Truck is having a hard time starting up. Once i get it started it seems to be alright. Battery is fine, starter is fine, alternator is fine. Im getting a secondary circuit failure code for my fuel pump, other than that no codes. I have noticed that at idle when i press on the gas a bit i can hear a wooshing sound of air as if the vacuum line has a leak. It has a bit of RPM variation when idling but not too bad. I also notice when i try to accelerate at times it wants to hesitate and i cant get the same torque and performance i know its capable of. Im going to search for vacuum leaks with propane enrichment today but im goping i can get some advice before dropping my gas tank to look at the fuel pump. Only other thing ive noticed is my brakes are very stiff so im wondering if its a problem with the vacuum assisted brake line.

The fuel pump code for the secondary fuel circuit fault may be the fuel pump module on the cross member under the truck. The module can go bad and cause no fuel pump operation intermittently. The engine vacuum line from the brake booster connection at the motor should be checked for any loose or cracked connections at where it connects to the engine.