Q: The car hesitates at higher speeds, check engine light on

The dashboard in my car showed check engine light illuminated while I drove at higher speed. The light went off during the same drive but the car started hesitaing. I took it to a shop and was told everything is fine. I need to get the fuel system seviced on my car, which I plan to do soon. I was wondering if that could cause the car to hesitate. Do you have any advice? Is this something I should be worried about? Thank you in advance.

A: You need to have the Check Engine Light cod...

You need to have the Check Engine Light code diagnosed to see if you have a problem. I feel the person that checked you car was trying to sell you a service that you may not need instead of looking over the Check Engine Light. Have a qualified mechanic diagnose and perform a pinpoint test for the code retrieved to isolate the problem. You may need a fuel filter or pump after the tests are done, but at least you will know that a diagnostic test was done and not just a service suggestion.