What is the difference on a bmw for service Engine Soon a...

Q: What is the difference on a bmw for service Engine Soon and check engine light

asked by on October 10, 2017

For a bmw what’s the difference between a service Engine Soon light and check engine light

The "Service Engine Soon" (SES) notification signifies that scheduled maintenance is required. The SES light will illuminate based on elapsed time as well as the car’s mileage and operating conditions versus a predetermined maintenance schedule. The SES light might also illuminate if engine oil is low. The "Check Engine Light" (CEL) on the other hand signifies an engine or EVAP system malfunction. The CEL could mean the fuel cap is loose or off, there is a problem with the emissions system or there is an engine malfunction/error. If your Service Engine Soon Light or Check Engine Light is on, have your vehicle inspected as soon as possible. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.