Q: Soft knocking noise - 2003 Acura RSX

Going at low speeds over bumps I hear a soft knocking noise coming from the front passenger side. I am assuming it is the struts going out which I am going to replace anyways since the tires have excessive camber wear. Ball joints check okay, (no play)

Hello. If you are getting excessive camber, you still may have lower control arm or joint wear and should be checked when you are replacing the struts that are making the knocking noise. Make sure the upper strut bearing mount is not worn, and see if it needs to be replaced also. If you would like to have this service done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to replace the strut and inspect the knocking noise for you.