Q: 2003 Toyota Matrix and Corolla similarities

Is it true that 2003 Toyota Matrix is the same as the Corolla for engine and transmission?

A: Yes, the base ones are. The fancy ones have...

Yes, the base ones are. The fancy ones have a lot more horse power in them. But yes, it’s pretty much the same as Toyota Corolla. They don’t make them anymore. They made them in Cambridge Ontario and my wife got one, and it’s pretty well-made vehicle. She’s got the fancy one that has got a little mini Lotus engine. It is one of those engines in a small Lotus. So you can really sup them up. You can sup up those things and get 560 horsepower out of them if you want to. They are really well-built engines. There are several options out there for the Toyota Matrix.