Q: Truck makes a squealing noise when starting - 2002 Dodge Ram 1500

My 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, when starting, makes a noise like tires on the road during a quick stop and wont start. I replaced the starter motor with a brand new one and it seemed to work fine for 2 days. Then the noise and not wanting to start happened again. It will start after a while but its really becoming a problem.

A: Have you checked the condition of the drive...

Have you checked the condition of the drive belt? If the belt is very loose or worn, it may cause noises when there is a load put on the belt drive. If the belt looks like it is in bad condition, have it removed and check all of the pulleys along the system to see if they spin freely. If not, the bearings inside may be worn and binding causing extra friction on the system, resulting in the screeching noise.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the car is making a noise and suggest the needed repairs.