Q: My Mercedes Benz A-Class -160A start and dies

My Mercedes Benz A Class -160 A sometimes starts and ides and never start again unless if l wait for 60 mins or more and when temperature is above 30 degrees then it might start. After diagnosis of the car on a machine, the following fault codes appears, which ones can cause the problem. 1. C1504-009 –Steering Angle Sensor 2. C-064 – Air Bag Drive 3. B1101-002 4. B1701 5. B1121 6. B1709 7. 1712 8. B1697 9. B1470-001 10. 1471-002 11. 1757 12. B1043 13. B1040 14. B1041 15. B1010

Wow! That’s quite a list! It can be confusing when you get a whole library of codes like that.There are several things that can make that happen. One is if the car was operated with a dead battery. Another is that the car has gone for a long stretch of time without having the codes read and cleared and they have just stacked up. The thing to do is record them, as you have, then clear them. Try to start the car, and operated it for a little while if it does start. Then read the codes again. The ones related to the starting problem will present again. As for the codes that you have, they all seem to be Mercedes specific body codes except for the airbag code. Many of them are minor issues that you may or may not have noticed. The body codes have a B prefix and the Chassis codes have a C prefix. Any codes associated with your hard to start condition would have a P prefix for Powertrain. So, what’s wrong with your car? It might have an air leak in the intake. Most starting problems will present a P code, but an air leak might not do so right away. And an air leak may behave in the way you have described. Check under the hood for hoses or rubber boots that are damaged or not connected well. If you need help, contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your starting issue and advise you on what needs to be done.

3. My Mercedes Benz A-Class -160A start and dies