Q: Power steering belt slow to a halt. 2003 Hyundai Elantra

My power steering belt slow to a halt when turning to the right. It also slow when turning to the left. Also the alternator seems to not be putting out enough charge when the high beams are on When low beam is on the battery will recover from 13.3V to 14.2V in a very few seconds.

we have already had the alternator, battery, power steering system worked on. The only things that the shop didn't do was to install new belts for both alternator and power steering.

Could we have worn belts for both systems?

Hi - yes, you could have worn belts, or a weak tensioner, allowing the belts to slip. I would recommend replacement of the belts and tensioners by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.