Q: Smog pump making noise

asked by on February 12, 2016

I can hear a noise from one of the engine accessories. I think it is from the smog pump because there is no noise if the serpentine belt is removed.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. You’re on the right track. When the belt is off, spin each part by hand and try to reproduce the noise. Use a drill if you are uncertain at slow speeds. Whichever part is noisy, usually needs replaced. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the engine noise and replace any damaged parts.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr