Q: Red lighting bolt on and car won't start but I have electrical power

I have a 2005 Chrysler 300 Hemi and the red lighting bolt is on. The car died on me coming off the freeway, the steering got real tight, something that looks like oil was all over the ground and I heard something break off under the car. The car will turn on and I have full electric power it just won't start. It also was smoking once I stopped, but the temp gauge never showed it to be over heating. No oil light came on, there was plenty of that in there. Wondering if I need a. Ew engine or if I can get it fixed and be in the road again for under $1k? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have done more research and it sounds like it is the electronic throttle body and the part is very inexpensive. Would that also cause my car not to start? And what would have broken off and fallen under my car?

The red lightning bolt indicates that there is a problem wit the electronic throttle control unit. This may be for a specific reason or may be due to a slight glitch. Try resetting the throttle control unit by doing the following:

Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on. Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position. Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position. Start the engine and test the throttle by see if the engine will throttle up.

This is often a procedure that must be repeated in the event the battery is ever disconnected. You will also want to have the computer scanned to check for any fault codes that may have been logged as a result of the lightning bolt showing up in the dash. If this does not correct your problem, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Red lighting bolt on and car won't start but I have electrical power