Q: Is it safe to drive around without my MAP sensor plugged in?

I could be cruising around everything running good get on the freeway and it will bug down and then pick back up gain it will burn for about a mile and then pick speed back up again

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle's drivability concern should be diagnosed and repaired. It is not advisable to drive your vehicle with the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor disconnected. The MAP sensor's job is to determine the load being placed on the engine and deliver fuel to the engine accordingly. With the MAP sensor disconnected, the fuel delivery will be excessive and could cause harm to the engine and exhaust system (catalytic converters). Your vehicle getting on the freeway accelerating, bogging down, and reaccelerating sounds like fuel starvation. It could be a fuel pump fault or a plugged fuel filter. I recommend having your vehicle's drivability concern diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.