Q: Belts squeak when starting

My belts are squeaky upon startup. The engine also idles high.

The belts are squeaking from the belt tensioner is not strong enough or the belts are glazed and slipping. The belt would need to be checked and the tensioner checked for proper tension. The hig idle when cold may be a vacuum leak or if the idle is high all the time may be a vacuum leak or the idle control valve stuck. I recommend you have a mechanic, like ones from YourMechanic, come by and inspect your vehicle’s belt squeaking issue.

3. Belts squeak when starting