Q: Q: Transmission does not shift properly

Hope you're not a robot, I left town for a 2 months. Vehicle needed battery charged often from sitting, unfortunately I discover transmission wouldn't shift to 5ft or overdrive. Which caused idol needle rise to number 4 sometimes 5 depending on speed. In my case I've had better luck finding bad mechanics. Anyway, I'd like to hear your side before I share my conclusion. by the way $500 later I bought the part. I seriously hope it isn't transmission. I am knowledgeable with vehicles, I change brakes water pumps and basic oil changes. just never had problems with transmissions on any of my cars.

Hi There, This can happen for a few different reasons such as low transmission fluid or a faulty control solenoid. An automatic transmission requires hydraulic pressure generated by the transmission fluid that gets pushed through a series of chambers inside the transmission, activating solenoids that cause the transmission to shift at specific intervals. These intervals are controlled by the transmission control module which reads input from transmission speed sensors to determine the rotational speed of the input and output shafts in the transmission. Based upon this information, the control module directs the transmission shifting function. When any of these components are not working properly, you may notice an erratic shifting of gears or in some cases the transmission may not shift at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Q: Transmission does not shift properly