Q: Throttle position sensor reads 13% at idle and 75% fully open.

I have a throttle position sensor that's reading 13% at idle and 75% of the wide open throttle. I've replaced the sensor with no luck. Should I try to move the throttle stop screw? If so, the screw looks like it's not that easy to move with a screwdriver. It's inserted in the throttle body and smooth. Any ideas?

No, you can’t start messing with those because there are all kinds of sensors. If you set that up in the throttle position sensor, it’s going to get wrong reading, and may get the wrong amount of air and confuse the computer.

It would probably send trouble codes and stuff. Basically, I would recommend having a mechanic analyze the data live. They can hook up the scan tool and look at live mode 6 data to see if there is anything else that’s having a problem.

Maybe the fuel injectors are not pulsing right. There are all kinds of things that can go wrong. Wiring could be having a problem on it.

But you just don’t want to mess with those screws. In the past, I attempted to do that as experiments on cars that were really junky and falling apart, and it never worked out right. Either, the Check Engine Light came on or they just wouldn’t run right. You’ve got to find out what the problem is and not start bypassing that stuff like that, because if you do, it gets even more complex trying to figure out what’s wrong.