2005 Ford Escape v6. A/c compressor was bad (took apart a...

2005 Ford Escape v6. A/c compressor was bad (took apart and noticed the bearing were failing). So I replaced compressor with brand new one. Added 4oz of oil and also added new refrigerant. But now I can not get the clutch to engag...

2005 Ford Escape v6. A/c compressor was bad (took apart and noticed the bearing were failing). So I replaced compressor with brand new one. Added 4oz of oil and also added new refrigerant. But now I can not get the clutch to engage nor the radiator fans. I have checked fuses and also replaced 3 relays just to be sure that was not it. [Engine](/topics-engine-ford/) starts to smoke some. Before this situation there was a Freon leak somewhere (i was assuming the bad compressor). And the heat stopped working properly about a year again. I drained the [coolant](/topics-coolant-ford/) and tried flushing the system. Not much came out and still no good amount of heat unless the car was accelerating. My next step was to replace the [thermostat](/topics-thermostat-ford/) switch, but was curious if I may be missing something else? Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting? I have not driven it at all. Just sitting in the driveway and accelerating. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes fixing myself. Everything I mentioned above is what I have tried

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I am here to help answer your questions. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your vehicle. I will do my best to give you the answer you are looking for. Please allow me a few minutes in between our responses to review your information. I may ask several questions to get more details about your problem. While you are waiting for me to respond I am looking up the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams needed to answer your concerns. **The website will prompt a phone call automatically, not me. So please don't let this automatic service prompt annoy you. If you prefer to talk verses type then please use the phone call option.** Hello, does the cooling fans and the compressor have battery voltage and ground when it should be on? Will they run if you jump power and ground to them?
Automotive Expert
Hello, without more information, you have to trace the power flow to the compressor and the fans to make sure it can turn on. Otherwise you may have a wiring issue or problem with the PCM itself. I hope you find this information helpful. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know. It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.

I jumped the radiator fans to the battery and they turned on. I have also replaced the Temperature switch sensor and still nothing. I am still confused as ever.