Q: Electrical issue or bad battery?

A couple of weeks ago my 1994 Nissan pickup wouldn't start. Jumped it and it started right up. There have been a few times since then, while driving, that the radio/CD just turns off and when I turn it on, the preset stations are gone and the clock has reset.

Tonight, I got in to start it and it wouldn't start. I tried the dome light, nothing. I waited for a minute, tried the headlights, and they worked. I thought what the heck and tried starting the truck again, and it started right up.

The battery is only about a year old. Any ideas?

Hi There, This is definitely an indication of a faulty electrical connection. This is apparent by the fact that the radio stations and cock have reset as this is what happens when the power supply (battery) is disconnected from the vehicle. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your battery and connections.