Q: why does my battery keep going dead?

asked by on June 22, 2016

In the past few days, my car battery kept going dead. I've purchased a new battery since then. Once I try and start the car it powers down on its own and i have to restart it. What could be the problem?

The best way to diagnose the type of issue your Hyundai is having is by beginning with using professional level test equipment to verify that the battery, charging system, and starter are all functioning correctly.

These testers are widely used and commonly found wherever batteries are sold and vehicles are serviced. The other test you want to be sure to ask for is a parasitic battery drain test. Sometimes called a battery draw test, this test measures the electrical current flowing out of your car’s battery when everything is supposed to be shut off. A parasitic drain runs down your battery while your car sits at shut off. You’ll want to verify the problem before making any more replacements. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose your car’s starting issue if you are still having problems.