Q: I just replaced my alternator in my Toyota. My car starts up fine but I notice when I’m driving that out of no where I push the

asked by on March 14, 2018

I just replaced my alternator in my Toyota. My car starts up fine but I notice when I’m driving that out of no where I push the gas and the RPM will shoot up but the car won’t accelerate I also noticed a rattling noise coming from directly under the driver seat

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kyle. Thanks for contacting us today. I’m not sure whether or not the alternator replacement has anything to do with this symptom. However, it is possible that during the removal, an electrical fault may have disabled a transmission speed sensor or shift solenoid (if the vehicle will not accelerate at all). It would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection to isolate the root issue, so the correct repairs can be made.