Q: Clicking/clunking noise coming from passenger side when car accelerates or when the transmission is down shifting it seems.

I took it to the dealer to have them verify and the car salesman told me it was the "torque converter" and the noise was typical for SUV's. To me it also seems like it could be an undercarriage framing damage or something to do with balancing of weight.

A: If the clicking noise is fast and repetitiv...

If the clicking noise is fast and repetitive, and occurs when turning and accelerating, the noise can often be from a failing CV joint, which is part of the axle shaft on each of the drive wheels. If its a singular loud clunk when accelerating, and another when the transmission is slowing down, it could easily be a worn suspension bushing or ball joint. It's not likely that it's frame damage, but it's not impossible either. I would suggest having the noise diagnosed by a qualified independent technician, such as one from YourMechanic.