Q: Car will not start - 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt

As of yesterday my car wouldn't start so I thought the battery was dead. So, I went to advanced auto parts bought a new battery I replaced the old one no results. So, with no luck I thought it might have been the Ignition switch. So, I got one of them still with no results. I have also pulled and tested each fuse all checked fine. In addition, I have also reset the security feature in my car still nothing. I'm not sure what else I need to do with it, any ideas?

Hey there. You may have a problem with the anti-theft system in the vehicle disabling the start circuit. You will notice the theft light on the dashboard stays on. If you do not see the theft light come on and then go off when you turn on the ignition, then you may have an electrical problem not activating the system. If the light comes on and then goes out, then you may have a starter or starter relay problem. Try to put the transmission in neutral to see if vehicle cranks now or still no crank. For a more precise solution, I recommend having a certified technician diagnose the starting issue so that this can be properly corrected.

3. Car will not start - 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt