Q: Dash board lights are all on

My dashboard has almost every light turned on. Brake, engine service soon, abs just to name a few. When I bought my car it had 70k now it has almost 75k is it time for an oil change?

A: Hello and thank you for contacting YourMech...

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. For all of the indicators that are lit up on your dash could be that the vehicle does need all the problems fixed or it could just be needing a reset. To reset the indicators on the dash, simply push the and hold the odometer tab and wait for a triangle with an ! to appear. Then, use the turn signal arm with the bc switch and use it to navigate through the list of dash items that are lit up. Press and hold the navigation button and the item selected will ask to reset. select yes and it resets for you. As for an oil change, no matter what type of car or engine, the oil should be changed every 3,000 miles or 3 months which ever comes first. Even though some manufactures say that the oil used can last up to 5,500 miles, the oil additives are usually consumed and burned up by 3,000 miles. If you need assistance with your dash lights or an oil change, then seek out a professional, preferably a professional from YourMechanic to help you with your vehicle.