Q: Car not recognizing Park setting

When turning the car off, the computer is not recognizing that the car is in park, so it will not let go of the key unless I disconnect a battery terminal. Starting it is no problem unless the terminal was left loose.

A: The vehicle is equipped with a park/neutral...

The vehicle is equipped with a park/neutral switch which is the device used for the vehicle to differentiate between park or neutral for starting the car or releasing the key. A fault here may be causing your concerns. I recommend having an experienced technician inspect the vehicle’s electrical system for a faulted component.