Q: my honda fit continously flicks on drive gear when driving.auto diagonostic machine says output shaft speed.sensor

asked by on November 05, 2016

i have a honda fit 2001.At first my light for drive started flicking when driving it and it began to lose powwr.when drivin on 60km/hr rev count wil.be 300rpm.i took it for auto diagonistic and it had out put speeed sensor error.i was advised to change gear box .i bought a second hand gearbox but the problem is still persisting.the drive light still flicking.error code nw saying inputshaft.wen starting to drive you have press on.hard the accelarator for it to move.if you remove your foot on the accelarator pedal it looses power drastically.what could be my problem and also how can i fix it.on.asking the mechanic who mounted the second gearbox he put wrong oil ie ATF instead of CVT.could it be the problem.does wrong oil.also affect speed sensors or its some thing different.

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. It won’t matter what type of oil was put in the gear box as long as the viscosity was the same. You can try replacing the oil and see if it makes any difference, but most likely not. There are two sensors on the transmission, the output shaft sensor VSS (vehicle speed sensor) and the input shaft speed sensor. The input shaft speed sensor tells the computer how fast the transmission is input speed is compared to the output speed. I recommend replacing the input shaft speed sensor. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your sensor.