Q: Spark plugs not working and the car won't start.

The car will not start. It cranks with no turnover. I checked the plug wire and got no spark.

The ignition system of a vehicle is divided into two circuits: the primary and secondary. The primary circuit is low voltage and includes the battery, ignition switch, primary windings of the ignition coil and a triggering mechanism. On your vehicle, the secondary side includes the secondary windings of the coil, coil wire, spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor. A failure of one or more of these components can cause a no start condition. A trained technician from YourMechanic will be able to follow a diagnostic process to pinpoint the cause of your problem.

3. Spark plugs not working and the car won't start.