I have a bolt stuck in transmission mount in my 2000 Chev...

Q: I have a bolt stuck in transmission mount in my 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

asked by on May 31, 2017

I am replacing the transmission mount of a 2000 Chevy Cavalier. I got the 4 bolts off that support the mount to the frame. I can not get the bolt out of the middle. It is the one that connects to the transmission. It will not budge. The bolt head is now stripped. I tried using an extraction tool and that failed miserable. It just snapped. I am at a loss. I have tried PB Blaster to try and loosen it up. I really don't know what else to try.

Any suggestions?

Hello. This can be a very difficult repair due to the fact that the transmission is aluminum and the bolt is steel. This causes these to almost fuse together. It will usually take a lot of heat to get them apart. I have had to go as far as dropping the engine and transmission out of the vehicle on the subframe in order to do this. You will need to take the vehicle to a transmission specialist or a shop that has the ability to do this repair.