Q: My car was near a fire headlights melted parts of bumper grill 2005 Ford Crown Victoria

Car near a fire bumper melted headlights melted grill melted passenger and driver mirrors melted will not run battery damage what could be unseen effects r;e electric that would cause my car not to start.

Hi there, it’s quite likely that there was melting of wiring insulation, and perhaps even the wiring itself and the battery. If electrical power somehow remained, the first turn of the ignition switch would cause electrical shorts as well. This task is best handled by a collision repair estimator at a reputable paint and body shop. S/he is trained to evaluate visible and not-so-visible damage, and the costs to repair. Contact a reputable paint and body shop in your area for an estimate and repair.

3. My car was near a fire headlights melted parts of bumper grill 2005 Ford Crown Victoria