Q: Truck not starting after electrical fire

The cigarette lighter in my truck caused an electrical fire and now my truck won't start. The fuel pump may be the problem.

If the electrical fire spread far enough, there may be damage to many other circuits as well. Many of the vehicles wiring is wound very tightly together so even a small fire can effect a wide range of operations. The fuel pump may not be receiving power due to a shorted circuit if the fuel pump itself has not failed. Have an experienced technician inspect the damaged circuits to determine the cause for the vehicle no-start condition.

3. Truck not starting after electrical fire