Q: How do I replace my thermostat housing on my 2008 Chrysler 300

Hello, my car is running hot and mechanic said we need to replace the thermostat and housing gasket. I bought the part at auto zone but I have no idea how to do it myself and can't seem to find step by step instructions online. Do you have a step by step manual or video by chance? It's our first time attempting this and we don't wanna mess up of course. Thank you for your time and have a great evening.

BTW, you can email me at cullenzmom78@gmail.com. Thank you again, I look forward to your response

Thermostat Replacement $141.88 - $639.09 Get a Quote

Hi there. Replacing this part does not require a lot of knowledge of cars, but you do need to have some mechanical experience to keep you from damaging anything. The thermostat housing can easily be broken when installing it if it is not tightened properly. Prior to changing the thermostat I would fully test the cooling system as this engine does have a common issue with the head gasket leaking which causes the same issue. You should get some assistance from a certified mechanic when installing this, like one from YourMechanic, that can actually come to you to [replace your thermostat] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/thermostat-replacement