Q: where to go to have a lost key made inexpensively

asked by on October 29, 2016

my son lost only working key for a 2007 dodge caravan. looking for an easy,inexpensive way to having it replaced.

Your key has a transponder inside of it that communicates with the car’s computer allowing it to start, lock and unlock when you are within a specific range of the vehicle. You will need to purchase at minimum a new key blank with a transponder and then have it reprogrammed. You can purchase this from the dealer or other after market companies, but you will need to go to the dealer to have it programmed to your car which may require them towing your car to the dealer since you do not have a key for it currently. Try checking the following website for a less expensive replacement key blank with transponder for your car. http://www.carandtruckremotes.com/r1292.html