Q: Car gets hot, shoots coolant and overheats

When my car gets hot, it begins to shoot out coolant through the reservoirs and then the car overheats. I have replaced the thermostat, water pump, and the radiator. Now it is leaking a lot of oil, which I assume is because of all the overheating. I would like to do this myself if possible. What is your diagnosis and what do you suggest I do first?

Hello. It sounds like your head gasket may be leaking causing your car to overheat. There also could be a lower intake leak causing the car to overheat. I would suggest having the head gasket and coolant system tested for leaks by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to detect the leak, or any other fault, and make the necessary repair for your car’s overheating problem.