Q: Car gets hot, shoots coolant and overheats

asked by on June 24, 2016

When my car gets hot, it begins to shoot out coolant through the reservoirs and then the car overheats. I have replaced the thermostat, water pump, and the radiator. Now it is leaking a lot of oil, which I assume is because of all the overheating. I would like to do this myself if possible. What is your diagnosis and what do you suggest I do first?

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. It sounds like your head gasket may be leaking causing your car to overheat. There also could be a lower intake leak causing the car to overheat. I would suggest having the head gasket and coolant system tested for leaks by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to detect the leak, or any other fault, and make the necessary repair for your car’s overheating problem.