Q: slightly harder to turn right. Easier to turn left. Steering wheel doesn't always return to the center when turned left.

slightly harder to turn right. Easier to turn left. Steering wheel doesnt always return to the center when turned left.

Hi there. Assuming there is no accident damage, the power steering rack and pinion is most likely at fault. Directional power steering issues are not usually created by a power steering pump issue. The newer model year and low mileage may make, the steering issue warrantable by the manufacturer. An alignment issue with caster could affect steering effort.

The steering wheel not returning to center when turned left and more effort required turning right, could be the rack and pinion internally binding.

I recommend having your vehicle’s steering issues diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. slightly harder to turn right. Easier to turn left. Steering wheel doesn't always return to the center when turned left.