Q: Flooded engine 1998 Chevrolet K1500

About three months ago we had to drop the tank on my truck, flush out the lines, replace the fuel pump, and filter because someone put sugar into my gas tank. The truck worked fine after that for about a month. Then I began having a little trouble starting it every morning; it got progressively worse stalling longer and longer every morning before starting. Finally one day it just didn't want to turn on. It smelled a lot like gas and we concluded that it was the fuel pressure regulator, so we changed it. After changing the FPR the truck started rough and had a rough idle. We got a mechanic to come and scan it and it brought up codes for the throttle position sensor and accelerator pedal position sensor. We changed the TPS and the truck started beautifully and ran like a champ for about two weeks. Suddenly five days ago the truck would not start and hasn't been able to start since. The dipstick shows that there is gas in the oil & the spark plugs are soaked with gas, please help me.

Hi - ouch, these problems make you crazy! Great effort on resolving the "sugar in the tank" recovery. I believe the fuel injectors in the throttle body have either failed (stuck open or leaking) due to residual sludge in the fuel system or possibly due to mileage and normal wear and tear. I would have them professionally cleaned and tested, or simply replaced. I recommend a fuel injector replacement service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and repair this problem.

3. Flooded engine 1998 Chevrolet K1500